Tuesday, June 27, 2006

25th Anniversary of Medjugorje

From Spirit Daily.com:

the 25th of June,

It was the day to remember! My wife woke up at 5 o'clock a.m. because of the noise
in the street. She says that she has never seen so many people in her entire life.
Those were the pilgrims (hodocasnici -- in Croatian language THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE GLORY TO GOD THROUGH WALKING) who were walking whole night to be a part of
Our Lady's Anniversary in Medjugorje. Some of those people were walking for a few days.

I just remembered that Saturday night I saw people walking with two cars, one in front of them and the other behind. They had a poster with the name of their Parish of "Okucani" (The north of Croatia). Those people walked some 400 miles in order to come to our Mama Mary and to thank her for all the graces that she interceded for us with Her Son Jesus.

There were Croatian Masses in St. James church at 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11 a.m. plus the evening Mass at 7 p.m. A pilgrim (American) told me that the Church was packed every hour.

I have to tell you that a lot of beautiful things happened. In a little village as Medjugorje is, with so many pilgrims we did not have any accident. The temperature was about 110 degrees again. The evening prayer program was same like the day before, but there was not the whole night Adoration like on Saturday.

We were all excited and were looking forward to hear the homily recited by the Fr. Tomislav Ivancic, the most respected theologian from Croatia. It filled the hearts of the people who could not control themselves and started applauding after the homily. After the Mass the visionaries read Our Lady's messages, a priest and a parishioner were reading the intentions praying the Glorious ministries of the Holy Rosary.

All I can say is that Our Lady gave us such a beautiful message. We talked about it and all of us agreed that it is somehow special. How special, I can not express with words.
I remember when the priest said: "I spread and preach the Gospel and just sometime I
say a few words" - St. Francis of Assisi. ( I am not sure if this is written correct or not, but I believe that I hit the point).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Catholic Gifts at The Catholic Company  

Religion blogs Affordable Dental Care From DentalPlans.com
Search the Web:
powered by TrafficSwarm.com